Exposing ourselves

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Tue Jul 18 10:28:27 EDT 2017

Hi Bob! A markdown guide that goes in here
https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/tree/develop/Documentation/guides
would
be wonderful - then it would appear in the guides section of the dictionary
and also be built into the user guide PDF.

Eventually, IDE APIs will be built into an IDE 'dictionary' - these will be
parsed from script comments in the same way that docs are built from widget
comments - eg line 2 in revIDELibrary documents the ideNewControl message:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/blob/develop/Toolset/libraries/revidelibrary.8.livecodescript#L2

All the necessary code is there to parse these and build the IDE
dictionary, it's just that there's a _lot_ of IDE API to document, so
that's certainly something we could do with help on if anyone has the
inclination. I will make a note to start asking for docs inclusions for IDE
API changes (and indeed requiring them of myself).

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 2:38 PM Bob Hall via use-livecode <