Refreshing question

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Wed Jul 12 16:10:53 EDT 2017

Hi

Couple of ways you could look at doing it.

Depending on the formatting of the page, you could use an iframe and just
get the page that is getting loaded each time to refresh with something
like <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60" > - this would just reload the
section of the page and not the entire page.

You could also use a jquery to reload just a portion of the page and
something like:

<!-- stuff in here is to be periodically refreshed -->

$(document).ready(function () {
    setInterval(function() {
        $("#content").load("http://mydomain.com/script.ls");
    }, 5000);
})

If the data that you are wanting to display is in XML, and you are just
wanting to load that XML file every minute, I would look at using Jquery's
AJAX functionality, (http://api.jquery.com/jquery.ajax/) wrapped
inside a setTimeout
function.

Simon

Carpe diem

*Simon Smith*
m. +27 83 306 7862

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <