Set the tooltip of a datagrid

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 22:09:09 EDT 2017

There should be a couple ways.. Assuming the tooltip data and the displayed
data are already associated, you can do as suggested and pass in the popop
information as part of the dgdata.. Then in the fillindata you 'set the
tooltip of field 1 of me to ... the data that was passed in with the array.
  To do this though i _Think_ you'd need a custom behavior for every
column.

To get around this, you could use a mouseenter in the script of the
datagrid itself that does something like..

on mouseenter
    get the text of the target
    -- then use the text of the target to look up your tooltip data and..
   set the tooltip of the target to "whateveryouwant"

end mouseenter

i tested by setting the tooltip to a random number and it seems to work
fine.

If you're using a form rather than a grid, its much easier, just use the
first method in the behavior script to set whatever tooltips you like as
part of the fillindata.   A single script edit to handle all tooltips.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <