Refreshing question

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Jul 12 11:44:19 EDT 2017

On 07/12/2017 10:11 AM, jbv via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi guys
> I have a web page that displays various informations
> that need to be updated/refreshed every minute.
> What is the best way to achieve that ?
>
> 1- client side : a settimeout in a js script that
> triggers a LC script on a remote server via xmlhttp,
> and returns xml data that is analyzed and displayed;
>
> 2- server side : a cron job triggers the script
> every minute and writes the output data in a
> specific location on the server; and then the
> web page reads that data via a simple LC script
> via an xmlhttp request...
>
> I forgot to mention : the data are the same for
> anyone connected to the web page.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> jbv

This seems quite unrelated to the topic you replied to but...

You can put something like this in the <HEAD> of your webpage:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="15">

where 15 is the number of seconds to wait in this example. This assumes
the page contains a script which displays the current data every time
it's called.

Warren