Set the tooltip of a datagrid

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jul 11 21:43:06 EDT 2017

Yup. But now what I want to do is intercept the hover message, or whatever that is that detects I am over a datagrid control, then set the tooltip to a string that represents selected datagrid data. The idea is that even though I have a subset of data actually displaying in the datagrid, I preload ALL the columns of the table in the dgData, and I want to be able to display more data from a particular record in the tooltip, depending on which record I am hovering over. That means I need some kind of message that gets sent to the datagrid when I am hovering over an element.

I tried editing the script of the behavior, but of course that cannot be edited. I suppose I will have to copy the behavior of the datagrid to an independent button to play around with this. I was hoping there might be an easier way to do this.

Bob S