How to run a hidden standalone under OSX?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Feb 15 16:14:17 EST 2017

I have a helper app which uses Applescript to communicate what I want it to do. I call it Spinner, and all it does is display a model window with a message and a spinning indicator. If I set it's LSUIElement to true, can I still have it show or hide it's window? All I really want is for the app to not have the icon in the dock as you expressed, but I DO want the user to see it when I show it's window.

I've also toyed with the idea of having a translucent window I can set to the size of the current app window to give it a kind of screen back effect. I don't think that will work on Windows though.

Bob S