[OT] Phishing prevention

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:41:23 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:26 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> I use different browsers for different things. I opened the link with a
> browser that has everything turned off. No javascript, no cookies, no
> images.

I got tipped off to slimjet, a chrome variant with the google spying
removed.

It allows me to have multiple "people" loaded at once in separate windows,
which is comparable to running simultaneous copies of firefox under
different profiles.

It seems to do much, much better at keeping hogs under control (such as
multiple gmail accounts).

In spite of it's docs and preferences, though, it does not seem to be
capable of using or storing OSX Keychain entries--and there's no way I'm
storing my passwords with google!

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462