How to Force Group to Show on Top of Browser Widget

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu May 12 23:14:07 EDT 2016

Our new app design will show video in the browser widget, streamed from YouTube.

Because we need to use the entire card (almost) to maximize the video… the browser widget is set 16 X 9 but inset from top and sides  to 686w X 385 tall… bottom is 414 (flush to the bottom of the card)

The browser widget is set to layer 1, the lowest/farthest back "bottom" layer

So, we have to hide the bottom tool bar from the user to show the video.

The Nav bar is set to the top layer of the card

So we do this on open card:

on preopencard
   setOrientation
   hide grp "homeScreensBottomNav"
end preopencard

by the side of the video, the 25px open space I have the 3 Vertical Dot icon which has this script.

on mouseUp
     show group "homeScreensBottomNav"
end mouseUp

But if the video is active…  the group will appear. Its as if the browser widget commands all the pixels of it's rect, regardless of what other object may have a higher layer…

Any solutions?