Infinite LiveCode - Message from CEO

Heather Laine heather at runrev.com
Fri May 13 04:49:12 EDT 2016

Dear Robert,

You make a good point about community involvement. This campaign is all about encouraging much more of it. We want to enable a far wider community of LiveCoders to contribute to the feature set of LiveCode. Our little team cannot do it all.

We have recently set up livecode.org, and we already have a Community Manager in Richard Gaskin, whom we talk regularly with. He is entirely independent from LiveCode Ltd. This is a route we will be looking to expand in the future, ultimately its possible there will be some kind of Open Source Advisory body outside of LiveCode Ltd. We would love to see more in the way of actual hands on involvement from the community to allow a wide enough pool of contributors that could be selected from for such a body.

This is something of a chicken and egg situation. To have a strong vibrant Open Source community making regular contributions to the source, we need to give you the tools to easily contribute. Infinite LiveCode is all about doing exactly that.

So, I would suggest, the logical conclusion is, if you want to see a strong Open Source community with real clout, lets get this campaign funded!

Warm Regards,

Heather