LiveCode Server Linux 64 -- Exiting on "signal 11"

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu May 12 21:04:44 EDT 2016

We have uncovered a mysterious bug with LC 8 community server (linux 64) on Ubuntu

A desktop client that calls API's on the web server works in LC 7, is failing under LC 8 server. Some handler in one of our API scripts on the web server is triggering a "fault" in LC8 64 bit for linux, that does not exist in LC7…

Andre is trying to debug this, but has been unable to come up with a recipe... the best he's been able to determine is that LC 8 is "exiting on signal 11 for reason that I cannot determine"

All our scripts, and LC code appear bug free, and since they worked in LC7… we would expect that. Since this is a non-gui environment, our scripts are not calling anything that would have changed in the GUI layer. So this is deep in the engine somewhere..

With such a vague "non-recipe" I doubt anyone can offer a response, but if you have some method by which we might be able to trace it better…  Please share.

BR