Looking for parser for Email (MIME)

Roland Huettmann roland.huettmann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 06:03:01 EDT 2016

Kay wrote: >You can't be using LC8dp15 or greater because all I have to do
is type
>in 'detaile' and the list of hits is reduced to 3 with the one you are
>looking for quite visible. If I type 'detailed fi' there is only one
>hit and it's clearly the one you want:

You are absolutely right regarding Dictionary. I was looking in the
dictionary of the 7.x version, switching versions between 7.x and 8.0.0 dp
16 while using 8 dp16 for scripting. Files are still opened automatically
in 7 on my system as I think (maybe wrongly) that last version 7 is more
stable.

It is much better in 8.0.0 dp15/16! Just have to get used to this new
Dictionary.

---

--- Reading File Properties ("the detaile files")

It may be easier to move the file into just one default folder. Agreed. But
then for general purpose you must enforce it, otherwise it could fail.
Still I believe it is better to be able to point at just one single file
(for example: "the detailed file" instead of "the detailed files").

--- OFF TOPIC: Writing File Properties:

What I also did was changing file properties such as creation date and time
using a separate Windows command line program and calling it through the
Shell command. I find it VERY convenient since the actual file creation
date is not of importance. The content of the file is important. For
example, a Word document has a date of the Content (a letter for example,
or a contract). Why should this not be reflected in a *persistent* date of
the file itself? Then it is easy to sort and filter files by dates which
are meaningful. (Here users are not interested in the date when the
physical file was created, but in the date of the document itself.) Maybe
it will be possible to implement this using LCB for all platforms?

Roland