No data in application browser in 8.0.2

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Aug 12 13:06:09 EDT 2016

On 12/08/2016 17:18, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 7 is EOL, and the Application Browser is still in v8 as a plugin as it was
>> in v7.
>

> Yes, but it doesn't work at the moment.
>
> It opens, and displays nothing.

FWIW: I'm also a recidivist Application Browser user (though I'm trying to
reform) but it's working fine for me in 8.1.0 dp3 on macOS 10.11.5.  What
platform are you seeing this issue on?

 > And I'll point out again, until 8 works properly, 7 shouldn't be EOL . . .

My 2p: I don't think you can define "works properly", unless either as "no
known bugs" (will never happen) or "can ship products using" (at least for me,
this is already true in 8, for all that I'm still using 6 for one app, and 7
for another). So I'd rather that the limited resources available are put
towards improving 8 as far as possible, rather than being partially diverted
to maintaining 7, 6, or earlier versions.

Ben