Play m4a files on Windows 7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 13 14:51:11 EDT 2016

On 8/9/2016 4:58 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 8/9/2016 4:26 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> We need to play .m4a files on Windows 7 and up. Double-clicking one of
>> those files plays back successfully on a Win 7 machine. Loading a player
>> control with the URL to the file in LC on the same machine does not (LC
>> 7.1.4).
>>
>> Is this fixable? Is there something users can install to make it work?
>> Or do we need a more recent version of LC?
>>

> Poking around, it looks like I have to build in LC 8.1. If that's
> correct, then it's risky, it isn't stable yet. Is there any other way?

I've done some tests on  both Windows 10 and Vista using LC 8.1 but m4a
files still do not play when setting the filename of a player. They do
play using WMP. This is becoming an urgent issue for my client and I
need to get it working quickly. Does anyone know what we need to
install, or how to get this working?

Is anyone else able to play .m4a files on Windows using the new player
object?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com