setting a "locked field" to get mouseUp

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:22:42 EST 2015

On Jan 3, 2015, at 3:14 PM, Richmond wrote:

> On 03/01/15 21:45, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>> I've found references to "locked fields" getting mouseUp, but not a
>> definition. I would assume locktext, possibly in conjunction with traversal
>> on, but am not getting anywhere.
>>
>> I'm successfully setting the selectedLine from mouseMove, but would like to
>> be able to click on it.
>>

> I just set up a stack containing a scrolling list field "SLF"
> and 2 other fields: "KLICKT" and "LNVAL"
>
> The field "SLF" contains this script:
>
> on mouseDown
>   put the clickLine into fld "KLICKT"
>   put the value of the clickLine into fld "LNVAL"
> end mouseDown
>
> According to the prefs palette for fld "SLF" the text is locked.

> Then I set up 2 buttons; "Lock Fields" and "unLock Fields" containing these scripts respectively;
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the lockLocation of fld "SLF" to true
>   set the lockLocation of fld "KLICKT" to true
>   set the lockLocation of fld "LNVAL" to true
> end mouseUp
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the lockLocation of fld "SLF" to false
>   set the lockLocation of fld "KLICKT" to false
>   set the lockLocation of fld "LNVAL" to false
> end mouseUp
>
> The script in fld "SLF" did what is was meant to do regardless of whether the fields
> were locked or not.

A field will receive mouseup messages if its locktext = true, or if the commandkey is down or the controlkey is down or it's a right-click. Other properties (traversalon, autohilite, lockLoc) don't affect the field's ability to trigger a mouseup message.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig