Postgres SSL connection?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:33:18 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Andrew Kluthe <andrew at ctech.me> wrote:

> Is your server side component something that would run on a clients machine
> or will you forever be in charge of the potential server side of it? Put
> differently, is the server side component something you intend to ship for
> end users to host themselves or are you wanting to run that side of it?
> Depending on the answer, you've got some options.

I intend for it to be available either way.

At the moment, it happily runs on a postgres server installed on the local
network. It also *can* talk to a remote server, but there's this
"annoying"  bit about clear text transmission . . .

I want them to be able to either use their own server, or my servers.

Asynchronous writing/response, though, would presumably be only on my
servers, not theirs.   (Until/unless either livecode gets multiple
threading, or I switch platform, laggy connnections will be a user
interface problem for me))
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462