Stack Menu Mystery - Disappointing Documentation (Long, sorry)

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Nov 22 11:12:34 EST 2014

Thanks Richard, I rather suspected what you say might be true. I do however think the documentation of this feature is a bit of disgrace - really I could have dismissed the whole idea after one reading if the description was more complete and had better examples.

Actually I was seeking a way to do something very modest (to me) but which I can’t find a way of doing with a conventional menu item, which is either to choose my own font, or to add a small image to the text of an item - this is because (I believe) that the font Microsoft uses for Windows 7 menu items has quite a restricted character set. I was hoping to introduce the pi symbol (Greek lower case pi) into the text of a menu item, but this only seems to work on the Mac. This is all done with LC7, so Unicode ought to apply, not Mac-Roman… I am getting some help from RunRev on this, but I haven’t cracked it yet.

Thanks again

Graham