Play stop not working in LiveCode 7

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Nov 21 11:19:04 EST 2014

On Nov 21, 2014, at 5:20 AM, stgoldberg at aol.com wrote:

> I'm using  LC 7.0.0 Community Edition build 10014 on my Mac system 10.9.5.
> I wanted to upgrade from LC 5.5.3, on which everything worked well, to 7.0, but the "play stop" code stopped working in 7..0.0.
> In addition, the following command does not work in a list field in 7.0.0:
> find whole tholder in field "code"
> which normally finds the word (holder) in field "code" on a different card.
> I then downloaded LC 6.6.5 community edition.  The commands mentioned above work well in 6.6.5, but the stack I was working on is now corrupted after having worked in LC 7.0.0.  Fortunately, I had a backup.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated. For the present, I'm staying with 6.6.5.  Thanks.

The file format changed in LC 7, and if you save a stack in 7 then try to open it in an earlier version, it is reported as being corrupted. (This is a misleading error message that has been corrected in the latest RC of 6.7.) If you open the stack in 7 and do Save As… then choose to save it as “Legacy Stack 5.5", it should open fine in earlier versions.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University