[ANN] Release 12 of the MasterLibrary is available

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:18:11 EST 2014

For the folks that we paying attention to the discussion about how to
position the scroll to a particular line in a field, this might be of
interest to you.   I think I cracked the nut on how to figure out the
scroll position for any character within a field.  This includes getting
the scroll for a character in a wrapped line.   It also addresses
spacebefore, spaceafter, firstindent, leftindent and rightIndent.   I
have done a fair amount of testing trying to catch the corner cases, but
if you do find any issues please let me know. This was done with LC 6.6.4.

-= Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0

Release 12
*    Added __positionCharInFld, adjusts the scroll of a field to have
the designated character be at the top,
      center or bottom of the field.
*    Added __SoftLineBreaks, returns information about how the text
within a field has been soft wrapped.

Both of these functions were a bit challenging, please let me know if
you discover any issues.

*    Added __DummyTextData, this generates data to go into a field with
all of the different sizing
      conditions.  This generated the data that I used to test the
functions above.