Checkboxes

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon May 5 17:20:39 EDT 2014

My suggestion was to take advantage of the property that was already there, text.

The checkbox is a nice way to introduce ‘if’ statements.  However, the syntax causes MEGO.  It introduces several new concepts.

I have to rearrange things, then, since responses are underwhelming.

Maybe a quick look at ‘is a number’ (which really is complicated) can work for ‘if’.  Or better, a numeric comparison.

Both highlight and button can be introduced slowly.  Checked is highlighted?  A checkbox is a button?

Or I can just give them a checkedBox or boxIsChecked function and explain it to those who are ready but allow others to use it as is.  .

Dar