Edit cell in basic table field

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Feb 21 23:34:36 EST 2014

Yes. It’s called “use a data grid instead”. Table objects are simple fields that pretend to act as tables. Nothing beyond the messages a field gets are sent to a table field. It is JUST a field. That’s all.

Datagrids on the other hand, are a complex group of fields and behaviors that make up the whole. Lots of messages get sent to a data grid that allow you to fine tune it’s behavior. And if that is not enough, you can “clone” the behavior to a button of your choosing, and then modify that particular data grid’s behavior to your heart’s content!

I was a little put off by data grids at first, but necessity drove me to investigate their capabilities and now I simply cannot build an app that needs tables without using them.

Bob