Edit cell in basic table field

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Fri Feb 21 22:59:51 EST 2014

If I check "basic table object" in the field property inspector, and
check "Edit cell," clicking on the table field causes a small
unlocked field to be created at the cell's location, which on tab or
arrowkey has its contents written to the cell.

Is there some way to have a script trap the relevant information
about what is going on, e.g., that a cell has just been "opened for
editing", that a cell has just been edited, which cell it is, etc.?

I assume that this "Edit Cell" activity is governed by a script that
is reading a custom property, but I see no indication that the field
actually has such a property or where the script is.

Many thanks.

David Epstein