"Introducing New LiveCode Licenses"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 29 09:52:55 EDT 2013

Curry Kenworthy wrote:

 > But I agree that a segment may be lacking - hobbyists and so on.
 > People who need closed source but are short on cash, and don't
 > need all the platforms. A smaller commercial package for one or
 > two platforms could fill this need.

The only real value for a Commercial license is when shipping commercial
products.

With all due respect, any startup that can't budget $500/yr for a tool
that provides as much for them as LC does has a problem with their
business plan, not with LiveCode.

For everyone else. free is a great price.  Remember that the GPL only
governs distributed works, so hobbyists and even professional devs
making in-house tools for the businesses they work in can use the
GPL-governed version.

The first item in the FAQ at LiveCode.com outlines the many cases where
the GPL version is appropriate:
<http://livecode.com/support/ask-a-question/>

--
  Richard Gaskin