[OT - I remembered this time]: here we go

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu May 9 15:20:01 EDT 2013

That's a very clever piece of prose Mark!  Did you write it?

Sometimes the funniest stories are the true ones.  This actually happened
to me at a gig a while back.

We finished playing our first set and were out in the audience chatting to
people.  A young girl of about 8 or 9 years old came up to us and announced
that she played the xylophone.  We all encouraged to her to keep learning
to play and I, semi-jokingly, said she should come up and play something
with us in the second half of the show. Very shyly, she said she didn't
think that would be a good idea because she didn't play very well yet.
 Trying to be encouraging, I said I would give her my phone number so she
could call me in about 10 years when she was really good, then she could
play with us.  She innocently looked me straight in the eye and said "I
don't think so, you'll be dead by then"!!!!

That was about 9 years and 8 months ago so I gotta rush off now and finish
all my LC projects before the fateful day!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>