Raspberry Pi

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at runrev.com
Sat Dec 14 09:48:59 EST 2013

On 14/12/2013 03:39, Mark Wieder wrote:
> ...but wait - there's more: you can mail a configured raspberry pi to
> these folks in Austria who run a colo site, and they'll host it for
> you for free (yes, Richmond, as in beer)... and give you 100GB traffic
> on a 100MB connection!
That is really cool. I do have a spare RPi lying around the flat that
I've not yet found a use for so it seems like an ideal candidate. It'd
be interesting to have a LiveCode IDE that can be accessed anywhere but
I found out the hard way that X11 forwarding over SSH doesn't work well
on the Pi's CPU...

Still, for a low-cost personal HTTP/mail server, it seems perfect. I
also wonder how a free-as-in-speech hosting provider would work ;)

Regards,
Fraser