Corrupted Stack

Joe Hamburger abilitybf at att.net
Sat Aug 10 16:27:23 EDT 2013

Hi Richard,

Thanks for trying to help. I'm using LiveCode to operate my business. The stacks I've created are exclusively for my use. As such, I don't have access to anything other than the MacOS. The corrupted stack I'm talking about appears fine. I can open any card in it and do whatever I want within the stack. The problem arises when I use a script in another stack to alter the contents of fields in this stack.

I don't know if it's a specific field that's the problem or the stack itself. I can alter all the fields in the bad stack as long as I do it with a script in the damaged stack.

My question is, since I can open the damaged stack, is it safe to cut from it and paste it into a new replacement stack? Would I be better off to abandon the damaged stack and start completely fresh. Of course that's assuming there's no way to examine and fix the malfunctioning stack.

I hope it can somehow be fixed, that will save me a boatload of time.

Joe
Orlando Florida, USA