effective working screenRect

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 16:28:11 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>wrote:

> Geoff-
>
> Saturday, August 10, 2013, 9:46:15 AM, you wrote:
>
> > If that's the case, I can only assume that there is some
> > threshold for waiting that allows other things to happen and one
> > tick isn't long enough. Still, that's odd.
>
> Not that odd. One tick is a pretty small time slice. Maybe
> wait 1 tick with messages
> might work better, but I can't imagine that tight a loop leading to
> anything but trouble.

I suppose, but still I would expect that a loop like that would leave
99.99% of whatever device it's running on free to do whatever, since that
code is executing a max of 60 times per second, and should take the
smallest fraction of a second to run each time.

But agreed, although I don't know Dan's particular circumstances, changing
the wait command to 20 ticks seems perfectly reasonable.