Moving controls smoothly around the screen

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Apr 13 22:41:49 EDT 2013

Pete.

I am not understanding. Are there several objects (buttons and/or groups), but at least one group, under each button?

And there are a bunch of these "object stacks" vertically aligned, so there is a column of them?

I would have thought you would show and hide as needed, within each " object stack".

But you say:

I need to move all the objects underneath down to make room for the hidden group associated with the button to be displayed.

If you are moving these objects, where are they moving to? You don't mean they are moving from layer to layer, do you?

You say you are using a "show" command to "move" the objects. If this is just how you are describing it, then why not just show or hide the objects in any particular "stack" by grouping them on the fly, if you need to, and applying the visual effect to the group. You would have to manage the members of the ad hoc group, but that should be straightforward.

Craig Newman