Non_Open Source materials being embedded in OS stacks/standalones.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 16:53:43 EDT 2013

On 04/13/2013 11:43 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> that is not the same thing.  The PS plugin uses another technique to
> invisibly imbed the code in the photo.
>
> Gimp and others use a graphic overlay, which degrades / cheapens / uglifies
>   the image.

You are quite right.

But, how, if the code is invisible can it be seen by those who wish to
check if the image is copyrighted or not?

Of course, one could open an image with a hex editor and type in one's
copyright details
and save it again, and that would serve.

https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/bless/  { just tried that, and
it is fine ]

Richmond.