Revisiting iOS App to App Communication?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Sat Apr 13 16:47:14 EDT 2013

Hi All…

Still interested in the easiest way to send text data between iOS apps in the same location, on the same network (classroom).

I have seen rrsockets referenced in the past. However, wasn't that just an example used to demonstrate the creation of externals in LC? I'm not sure if it is still a viable solution for iOS to iOS communication with the current version of LC?

Also, I know Monte and his MergExt was working on a GameCenter external that would give possible solution (over Bluetooth?) Not sure about the specifics, or if it requires GameCenter accounts, etc? Concerned that may be overkill for basic text data exchange between devices?

Has there been any solutions developed to make a "socket" like communication capability in iOS with LC?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD