Open Livecode Login

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Apr 12 03:44:07 EDT 2013

On 12/04/2013, at 4:44 PM, JB wrote:

> Maybe they should give it away from the store.  That brings their
> other Livecode products to the attention of those who did not
> know about the store and forces people to register with the stpre
> making any future purchases easier.

I think Richmond's point is they shouldn't force anyone to do anything. I tend to agree it's not in the spirit of FOSS. That's why I recommended pushing the services angle to encourage logins. If the services are good then you will collect more credentials than if someone forks to skip this bit... It won't be me though...

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!