Open Livecode Login

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 14:47:21 EDT 2013

Well . . .

. . . eventually, after about 60 minutes of muttering and tooth-sucking
I managed to log in to the
Open Source version of LIvecode 6.0; obviously whatever goes behind the
scenes on RunRev's servers
vis-a-vis passwords, while being almost instantaneous for login into
their webpage, is rather
slow for setting up the thing.

Should I be happy?

Well, I'm not (yet, at least) as I am still tied by the requirement of
having to have an internet connexion
for setup, and knowledge that RunRev are still tracking me.

This means, for the sake of argument, when I set up the 8 machines in my
school for programming classes in the summer the whole process will take
about 3-4 hours messing around with each machine
with my Internet-USB dongle courtesy of my mobile-phone supplier; going
from machine to machine,
waiting for the dongle software to load and a connexion to be
established, and then registering.

Possibly I will not have that trouble as, maybe, RunRev have tied each
account to one installation only . . .

. . . and if that is so "Open" is fast becoming a word that means
something quite different from what I have always understood it to be.

Fair forjaskit.

Richmond.