positioning graphics in relation to a line in a text field

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue Apr 2 12:42:14 EDT 2013

This works really well for me and it will handle multiple selected word on different lines etc. I had a grc that was a dashed box:

on mouseUp
     put the formattedRect of the selectedChunk into tRect
     put "4" into tMargin
     put item 1 of tRect - tMargin into item 1 of tRect
     put item 3 of tRect + tMargin + 3 into item 3 of tRect
     put item 4 of tRect + tMargin into item 4 of tRect
     set the rect of graphic "Box" to tRect
end mouseUp

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com