usableDesktop

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:18:11 EDT 2013

Right:

On Windows XP:

moved the taskbar to the top of the desktop and did a

put the working screenRects  routine and got: 0,28,1392,973

where

put the screenRect gives 0,0,1392,945

so, a few questions:

why, when I position a stack just below my taskbar and do this

put the top of stack "TOPPP"

do I get 50 ????????

why is item 4 of "the working screenRects" larger than item 4 of "the
screenRect" ?

Oh, and I have my resolution set to 1392,945.

______________________________________

It is a load of rubbish.
______________________________________

Similarly, on Mac OS 10.6.7

I get a working screenRect of 0,22,1920,1032

a screenRect of 0,0,1920,1080

and the top of my stack positioned just under the menuBar gives me 44

44 is NOT 22, nor, for that matter, is it 80 - 32

so why you should write "in my case, we are 22 off the top, 45 off the
left side"

I just don't know, unless you have mysteriously shrunk your Mac menuBar
to half its normal
fatness.

Richmond.