How to handle spaces in a path when using shell

Glen Bojsza gbojsza at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:38:46 EST 2012

Hello,

I have a script where the shell launches an application.

It works files if the file path contains no spaces

put shell("/Users/lab/Desktop/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh")

but when there are any spaces it doesn't work... the space is
between Macintosh and HD2

put shell("/Volumes/*Macintosh HD2*/tools/HardwareSimulator.sh")

I ran into this a few years ago and I can't remember what I did to fix
it... though I do know it was something to do with altering the string and
I did not have to create a shell script...I really need to start keeping
track of these solutions.

thanks,

Glen