selObj from a palette stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 11 20:03:24 EST 2012

Thomas McGrath III wrote:

 > On Nov 11, 2012, at 2:37 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> I have my palettes insert a frontScript which they open (which
 >> they remove on closeStack) that traps the selectedObjectChanged
 >> message.
 >
 > Richard,
 >
 > Hi, with the frontScript approach do you just set the tool stack
 > to palette and then leave the pointer/browser tool alone? Do you
 > handle the pointer issue in the front script???

If you're referring to needing to keep the tool stack's controls
non-selectable, yes, I either use a palette stack style, or if I want
the window to be interleavable with others I sometimes use modeless.

Works great in the IDE or in a standalone.  Of course, as with any
frontScript handler, you'll want to pass the message when you're done
with it so other scripts depending on it won't get FUBARed.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World