Wireless mic with iOS?

Don Williams don40 at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 28 01:55:17 EDT 2012

Is it possible with iOS to make an app that uses an iPhone (or iPod touch) as a wireless microphone over Wi-Fi? It would need to send sound to a Mac (or a PC) to a companion app on that platform that would output the sound and be able to record it.

I don't see any relevant information in the user guide or the dictionary, so I suspect it would need an external (which is way outside my competence to write). But basically I would like to know if it could  be done.

TIA
Don