data grid error - Error description: Chunk: can't find background

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 28 01:52:55 EDT 2012

On 6/27/12 2:33 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> Spaces are *evil*
>
> No spaces in names.
>
> Ever.
>
> For any reason.

I used to feel the same way until a few years ago when someone mentioned
that he always named his numbered controls with a space before the
number. That allows easy identification of the numeral which is handy
when looping through controls in a repeat loop. I.e.:

repeat with x = 1 to 10
   set the textstyle of fld ("Field" && x)  to "plain"
end repeat

Now I use spaces if I need numbered control names.

Spaces don't hurt anything if the name is quoted -- and of course, all
literals should always be quoted anyway. The parser may not always be as
forgiving as it is now, and quoted literals execute marginally faster too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com