Syntax for incrementing a numeric 'word'

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 04:24:26 EDT 2012

Hi folks,
I'm working on a simple script to identify and count the unique words dumped into a 'Source' field to create a 'Results' list field with the word and counter.

However, this script is throwing errors at the line when I attempt to increment the second word by adding 1 to it. What's wrong with the syntax for incrementing the counter chunk?

on mouseUp
   put empty into field "Results"
   repeat for each word tWord in field "Source"
      if field "Results" is empty then put tWord & tab & 1 after field "Results"
      if tWord is among the words of field "Results" then
         repeat for each line tLine in field "Results"
            if word 1 of tLine <> tWord
            then exit repeat
            else add 1 to word 2 of line tLine in field "Results"
            end repeat
         else put tWord & cr after field "Results"
      end repeat
end mouseUp

Best,
Keith..