iOS features

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed Jun 27 03:26:03 EDT 2012

1) Yes, *but* you have no access to headers sent back from a POST.

Much of the functionality you'd be looking for is provided by libURL,
which is not supported (at least yet) on iOS and Android. (Please,
/someone/ prove me wrong!)

So, if you're using a cookie-based authentication token as I did, you're
going to have to work around somehow. iOS and to a greater degree
Android have limitations on what you can do with http...to the point
that I wrote some code to sit on top of the iOS socket external and
perform correct http gets/puts...but then found you can't have externals
on Android.

2) Theoretically yes, but I've not done it.
3) Theoretically yes, but I've not done it.
4) Not enough question to answer in full.  If the filesystem is mounted
already, then probably (I've only retrieved files using http). If your
files are made available with a local http server, then yes.

Trial version: seems to have most functionality (certainly enough to
test the basics of your app), but you get a splash screen in the
standalones you produce, and your app only runs for a short period of
time before timing out.

Download the trial, and play with it.  Perhaps you'll like it.  If you
run into specific questions, the folks on this list are quite helpful
usually.

-Ken