Trouble with 'there is a'

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Jan 27 12:13:11 EST 2012

I remember a long time ago in a Revolution conference far, far away, someone gave a class on good coding habits. One of the habits he mentioned was to enclose in parenthesis where you can, partly for this reason, and partly because it makes the code easier to read. I go halfway. If I have any doubt about the precedence of a statement, I use parenthesis.

In fact, an even better habit is to put paths into variables, or just put anything into variables, then work with those. It makes debugging a whole lot easier, and code easier to read.

Bob