Visual Effects in LC 5.0.2

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 10:40:28 EST 2012

Mike,

It works in 5.0.2 that way, too. But, then you can't use visual effects.

In fact, the visual effect in the mouseDown is blocking the entire mouseUp. Doesn't seem to matter what's in the mouseUp… it's not carried out unless you hold the button down until the entire visual effect is completed.

Is there some sort of "wait until" that works with visual effects?

wait until visual effect is done … doesn't work

It seems to be an issue with visual effect… even this in the mouseDown blocks the mouseUp

on mouseDown
   switch (the visible of graphic "Chip02")
      case "true"
         hide graphic "Chip02" with visual effect "dissolve" fast
         break
      case "false"
         show graphic "Chip02" with visual effect "dissolve" fast
         break
   end switch
end mouseDown

be well,