[OT] LC's Fields of the Future

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Feb 24 11:49:11 EST 2012

I long ago gave up using MsWord and, more recently, Open Office.  Google
Docs is my first choice for WP needs (and spreadsheets, presentations).  I
can see a lot of use for the new features, not in producing a full blown
word processor, but definitely in embedding wp-like functionality where
needed within an app.
Pete

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> Roger Eller wrote:
>
>  The right tool for the job is subjective.  I use LiveCode for everything I
>> build.  Perhaps replacing MS Word for everyone in the world be a bold
>> challenge, but many people would opt for simplicity.  An RTF based editor
>> is still a word processor, and would definitely meet all of my text
>> communications requirements.  P.S. I hate MS Word.  Feature overload.
>>

> Well said.
>
> There's a recent thread in the Ubuntu forums about the need for a simpler
> writing environment than Open Office provides.  OO has tons of great
> features, but sometimes less is more.
>
> The writing apps on this page have gotten a surprising amount of traction
> and press, legitimizing the notion that there are opportunities in having
> fewer features than we find in office suites:
>
> <http://mac.appstorm.net/**roundups/productivity-**
> roundups/6-minimal-full-**screen-writing-apps-for-mac/<http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/productivity-roundups/6-minimal-full-screen-writing-apps-for-mac/>
> >

> --
>  Richard Gaskin