[OT] LC's Fields of the Future

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Feb 24 11:36:21 EST 2012

LiveCode is for verticals, of which there are many to which it is greatly
suited. The new field features support those and there is a much more
flexibility in there now, not least the textChanged message allowing a
great deal of custom control. However we would not recommend it for
developing the next Word.

There may not be full Unicode in 5.5 but we have made *significant*
progress with the addition of Unicode chunks in fields and decoupling of
the language from text font and styles. Those using Unicode are going to
find it a whole lot easier.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/