The Linux engine...

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Thu Feb 23 08:37:15 EST 2012

On 02/23/2012 03:20 AM, Malte Brill wrote:
> I figured out so much that this is a GNOME (working) versus KDE (not working) thing. What really scares me is the exit on signal 11 issue. How does one debug that???

Not that this is of any practical value, but this is an issue with
compositing. If you turn off window effects, shift+Alt+F12, background
patterns should render normally. That works here with openSUSE KDE.
There is a related problem with video rendering for many of us. Happens
also with Gnome 2 on Ubuntu and Mint when running Compiz. It *may* also
be dependent on specific video card/driver combinations.

Warren