Sounds in iOS

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Wed Feb 22 08:34:48 EST 2012

On 22/02/2012 07:37, Graham Samuel wrote:
> Ken I AM using your code, and very grateful I am for it; but that doesn't stop me being worried by RunRev apparently altering the engine to be slightly less cross-platform than one might hope, and then not being very clear about it. IMHO this is bad news for old dogs like me, and worse for people trying to learn LC for the first time.

I certainly see your point of view. It seems that *most* of the
functionality for the iPhone works *only* on the iPhone, that of Android
*only* on Android, etc.

In the end, you have to special case the treatment for lots of things.

I don't know why it's been engineered the way it has.  I'm sure there's
a reason, but I agree with you philosophically that the whole reason for
wanting to use a high-level language is to smooth over these sticking
points as much as possible.

That said, realistically, you /can/ get around it, just not as elegantly
as perhaps we'd like to.

-Ken