Does 'quit' have a place in iOS apps?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Feb 19 20:12:35 EST 2012

On Feb 19, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Gerry, thanks for replying.
>
> That's what happens to my simple little app, but what about my favourite radio app, TuneIn Radio? It's feeding the BBC to me as I write this, but I could only access Mail by pressing the Home button after getting my radio station started, and it was definitely not killed. I'm sure there are lots of other examples... what is going on in these cases?

Graham, there are certain services that iOS allows to run "in the background" - phone, music, and a few others. All other operations are suspended and then resumed when the application is restored. But that only works for apps that understand the 'suspend/resume' implementation that came about with iOS 4; prior to that, apps were closed and relaunched. This still happens with apps that aren't designed to understand 'suspend/resume', which I assume is the case with LC apps.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/