Sound in the iOS Simulator

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 05:39:49 EST 2012

I had a couple of statements in my iOS app:

play "xylo.aif"
wait until the sound is done

Works fine in the IDE, but never reaches 'done' status in the simulator - 'the sound' returns the file name, or exactly

//xylo.aif

This value is (I think) what LC is expected to return on iOS with a sound that's playing. By commenting the 'wait' out, all went well. The sound didn't play, but that's probably a path problem. According to the LC Dictionary, a 'wait' will always return 'done' if no sound is playing. Well, I didn't hear anything, so I should have got 'done', shouldn't I?

Can anyone explain this?

Graham