Is there a way to find a lighter and darker shade of a RGB color programmatically?

Keith (Gulf Breeze Ortho Lab) keith at gulfbreezeortholab.com
Wed Feb 15 06:15:58 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have a problem... If a user selects a color and I put it into a variable (as RGB), how can I find a shade that is several shades lighter, and a shade that is several shades darker, also in RGB format?

For example, I put 0,255,64 into myVar. (This color a shade of green.) Programmatically, how can I find a shade that is several shades lighter in green and a shade that is several shades darker in green from this base color?

(By the way... Is there a way in LiveCode to determine the hue of a color and change the value?)

Any help would be most appreciated...

Thanks!

- Boo