SQLite externals

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Feb 13 17:11:37 EST 2012

The external wouldn't be called by LC, it would be called by the SQLite
library compiled into LC.

As an example, let's say there is an SQLite external called posInString
that returns the char position of a given string in another string.  Yes I
know that can be done in LC, this is just an example.  The external is
invoked by issuing a SELECT statement like:

SELECT posInString('c','abc') FROM <tablename>

If I call rexExecuteQuery with that statement it will return an error
because posInString is not recognised by the SQLite library in LC as a
valid function.

So my question is,how to get these SQLite external functions available to
the SQLite library that is compiled into LC.

Pete

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> An external has to be written to interface with LC specifically. The
> author would either have to do this himself, or else make the source code
> available to an LC developer with C programming skills.
>
> Bob
>

> On Feb 13, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Pete wrote:
>
> > The SQLite library is complied into the IDE and any standalones that use
> > SQLite.  But there are a number of useful extension functions available
> > from various web sites, mostly written in C.  Is it likely that these
> > extensions could be incorporated into LC via the externals mechanism?  I
> > can't quite see how an external like this would be seen by the embedded
> > SQLite library?
> >
> > --
> > Pete
> > Molly's Revenge <http://www.mollysrevenge.com>