Frame-based animation

Richard MacLemale richard at richardmac.com
Sat Feb 11 07:19:55 EST 2012

After finishing the Gaming course (which was AWESOME,) I can now do frame-based animation in my own stacks.  The key is basically a loop that re-triggers itself at scheduled intervals.  But now I'm trying to take the next step and actually animate a sequence of events.  Here's what I have so far...

I'm creating a variable called frameNumber and each time the loop is triggered I'm adding 1 to it.  Since I've scripted my loop to run 30 times per second, after 1 second the frameNumber would be 30.  OK, so I want certain lines of code to be run at certain frame numbers.  Something like this:

frame 30:
   set the loc of image "flower" to 400,401
   set the height of image "flower" to 150
   set the width of image "flower" to 150

frame 35:
   hide image "flower"

So imagine I've got a whole big list of commands like that, that I need run at specific frames.  What is the best way to do this?

---
Richard MacLemale
Music = http://www.richardmac.com
Programming = http://www.macandchee.se